How to Delete Your Mobile Number and Name from Truecaller Database
Truecaller is one of the most popular global call indexing services and has been used by millions of people across the globe. Truecaller works on both the website and the app. The primary advantage of the truecaller is to get the caller ID details of an unknown number. In this way, one can stay informed of the spam calls and block them. Even if you have not registered in Truecaller, still it has the details like your contact number and name. In case, if you want you to delete your mobile number and name from the true caller database, then you are at the right place.
How TrueCaller Fetches Your Contact Details?
You may never have used the Truecaller application before, but your details make their way into its database. Are you wondering How? If anyone installs the truecaller app, then the app asks for contact permissions. After granting access to the application, the True caller scans the contacts present in the user’s phone book and stores the details on its server. So, in that case, if the person seems to have stored your contact details in the phone book, then your details make their way on to the Truecaller server.
- Open the Truecaller app on your smartphone
- Click on the people icon present on the top left corner
- The click on settings
- From the drop-down menu, select Privacy Centre
- A new page follows, wherein you can find the “Deactivate option.”
- A pop-up appears with the message ‘By deactivating account you will delete your profile data. Do you wish to continue?’
- Then click, Yes to continue.
You have successfully deactivated your truecaller account. You can then proceed to remove your number from the database.
How to delete your number from truecaller server?
- Navigate to www.truecaller.com/unlisting/
- Enter your phone number including the country code and press “Unlist”
- Then Verify “I’m not a robot.”
- It takes around 24 hours for the number to be successfully unlisting from the truecaller database
- You would receive a confirmation message after successful unlisting.
Post a Comment